VSTOdemo addon for VisioThis software is a starting-point template for creating a VSTO addon for Microsoft Visio written in C#, performing the following tasks:
- Creation of a ribbon menu from an XML file
- Registry read and write
- writes the current date and increments a number stored in the registry
- Event handlers
- sets up event handlers for document create and document open
- About box
- activated on startup and from the ribbon
- Shows Visio's own About box
- activated from the ribbon - demonstrates use of Visio's built-in commands
- Software version number
- used and shown on About box
- Debug data output to log file
- useful for debugging and testing - outputs to "My Documents\debug-log.txt"
Download the demonstrator
MSI installer file for Visio
It appears that Windows Defender no longer recognises any of our .msi file downloads. Thank you, Microsoft. When you run the installer file you may get a warning "Windows protected your PC" with a link saying "More info", click this link and you will then be offered a button "Run anyway".
Apparently I need to create a .msix installer, but these don't work for Visio or other Office apps yet. Left-hand, meet right-hand!
If you are unsure about any of our software downloads please test them at https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
MSI installer for Visio 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
MSI file installation instructions
- This download is digitally signed for your safety and security.
- Please ensure Visio is closed before installing this addon.
- Just run the downloaded installer. The demonstrator addon will be installed into Visio.
- Important - First, ensure Visio is closed. If Visio is running then the uninstall will fail.
This is the only safe way to uninstall this addon. Running the installer and selecting Uninstall will not remove the customization from Visio.
- From the Windows 'Start' button ... Click Settings ... this will bring up the Settings dialog.
- Click the Apps button ... Scroll down to the area where you will see 'VSTO demo for Visio' and 'VSTOdemo'. These are the two items to be removed. The order of removal doesn't matter.
This software works with:
- Microsoft Visio 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 (any version, Standard, Professional or Premium) and Visio for Office 365.
VersionThe current version is V1.0.0 dated 29th June 2020.
|V1.0||Jun 2020||First release.|
Software Tools you will need to build the source code for this project
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition (or later) - free
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 - free
- Windows SDK - free
- Advanced Installer - Free version
- K Software's KSign or other code-signing tool - free
- your own code-signing certificate (either bought or a self-signed certificate)
- and useful, but not required - the Visio SDK - free
What you get
- Full C# source code
- Instructions on how to build the software for both debug/test and release
- Advanced Installer msi build file for software release
- How to use your code-signing certificate
- Full rights to use and expand upon for private and commercial use
BuyTo purchase an instant download 24 hours per day please use the Buy Now button below to go to our buy pages which are all hosted on secure servers at our eCommerce provider, PayPro Global. You can order by credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer, bank debit, wire transfer, purchase order, money order, PayPal, or via telephone, fax, or by post. The online purchase process normally takes just 5 to 10 minutes. Prices are shown below and you can save money with volume discounts and bundles. All prices are exclusive of local taxes where applicable. There are no hidden extras, no delivery charges, subscriptions, annual fees or similar.
Use the Buy Now button for full international pricing.
You will receive an email containing a download link and registration key. These will take you to a web page where you can download the software.